Pages

Friday 23 November 2012

Journey With a Pram


Clapham Junction

Above I took this picture with 2 mothers travelling on the underground. Both ladies got on from Shepherds bush and there was no help to get the prams off or on the train. I helped one of the mothers and another person helped out the next one.

The pram was very heavy because the mothers was on their way home from a day of shopping at Westfield Mall. The only good thing about both stations was they had lifts to get up and down from the platforms.

I asked both females what would make there journey better and their answer was the same help with getting off and on the train.




Selhurst Station

I took this picture with a mother at the station travelling to Gatwick airport. I had to help her unto the train with her bags from selhurst cause she was travelling alone. what made her journey worse she had to change at East Croydon where I help her again to get off one train and on to another train to the airport. 

There are no porters at selhurst but there was some on every platform at East Croydon but did not attempt to offer their help. She thought this was very bad and they were lazy, it should be a part of their job instead of having to ask them. 



 Clapham Junction 

This is a picture I took at the station with a newly added lift with the last year are so. I asked one the porters on the platform about it and he said it was something that had to be done. He then went on to say it was too hard to get disable traveller from platform to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment