Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Mr Brainwash (Task 6)


My trip to Mr Brainwash !!! I enjoyed this exhibition very much because of the style and approach he takes towards design.  To me, his exhibition stands out more than many other within the urban art world. I've seen a few other Urban design styles. They are nice but I think the way  Mr Brainwash was presented, make his work that much better.





I am a big music fan and the next 3 pictures are some of the ones I really liked. As being a promoter and designer myself the concept of taking the records and designing the artist/s from them is outstanding. The idea of using the old vinyl records as part of the portrait is unique, especially vinyl not being used anymore these days and these portraits are mostly a collective presentation of artists from the past. This adds novelty value to his work.





 

As a kid growing up Mickey Mouse was a cartoon we grew up with and for him to blend Charlie Chaplin with mickey is something not many people are designer would decide to try and do. I get his concept behind it which is both of them are icons to many.  A presentation of a the same era. 


What I enjoyed most about going to see this exhibition is that it was with my classmates which is my new found friends which has given me inspiration in my course so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment